Instructions for Clay Use on Hair
Washing your hair for the first time with bentonite clay is different than liquid shampoos. The kneader bag has made the process easier. Once you try using clay to wash your hair, you will add this process to you hair regimen weekly. Enjoy clean elongated curls.
- For medium length hair (shoulder length), pour 1 packet (1/4 cup) of bentonite clay in the Kneader Bag (add second bag for longer thicker hair)
- Bentonite: Add 3/4 cup hot tap water, half at a time.
- Green/White: Add 1/4 cup cool tap water.
- Mix clay by grabbing the neck of the bag with one hand and kneading the bottom of the bag with the other hand
- Continue to mix until the clay texture looks like pudding and cottage cheese mixed together (2-3 minutes)
- Use S-hook and bag loop to hang
Step 2-Wash Hair
- Divide hair into 4 or 6 sections (optional)
- Wet your hair
- Squeeze the bottom of Kneader bag pushing the hydrated clay to the top (or reach in bag)
- Apply clay to the hair from roots to ends to cover completely, detangle hair if desired
- Complete your shower
Step 3-Rinse Hair
- After completing the shower, rinse hair completely starting from the top of head down to ends
- For non-tangling results – hold hair at the ends while massaging scalp and rinsing thoroughly
- Follow clay cleaning with your conditioner and style, your hair will feel clean, soft and moisturized
Sensitivity Test: A sensitivity test is recommended before use. 48 hours before full application test the clay on a small spot on the side of the face or neck. If there no change of concern to the area, then you can proceed. Consult your physician if you have questions or concerns.
If desired, do a strand test on a section of hair for the first time use. Apply to hair, let sit 2 minutes and check texture, if normal continue with washing.
Notes: For external use only
Packing clay to the scalp will require extra rinsing to remove clay from scalp.
Clay can be slippery on shower floor make sure tub is protected with a non-slip surface.
If clay powder gets in eyes flush with liberal amounts of fresh water. Eyelids may become sticky. Avoid rubbing eyes. If irritation develops, seek medical attention.
This clay has no additives and has not been tested on animals.