Shaving With Clay
Shaving with clay? Say what?
If you’re like me, you’ve used a variety of shaving gels, soaps and other lubricants in an attempt to rid yourself of razor burn, rashes and ingrown hairs, but all to no avail. Shaving with clay provides an all natural, healthy option that leaves your sensitive skin radiant and healthy!
- Shaving with clay couldn’t be easier: it lifts and softens hairs, lubricates the blade, and provides a smooth, close shave every time.
- Because clay won’t cover your skin with foam or bubbles, like chemical soaps, you’ll get an unobstructed view of the hairs as you cut them, giving you a clean, complete shave.
- In many cultures, bentonite clay is known as healing clay. The clay is composed of volcanic ash, which provides a salve to the body. When used regularly, clay will support toxic ingredients being removed from the skin while adding minerals. Clay can also repair bumps, rashes, nicks, acne, and other small skin irritations.
- For those of you with coarse hair, you’ve found the solution! Clay is effective even on coarse hair, with no need for extra strokes, generating a faster, smooth shave.
- There’s no need to use commercial gels or soaps with lye; shaving with all-natural clay will leave your skin smooth and glowing. Remember, your skin is porous, and can allow topically applied substances to permeate. Why not treat your body like a temple, applying only the highest quality products free of chemicals?
But how do I shave with clay?
Great question- the logistics of this can seem a little confusing at first, but it is easier than you might think! Here at ClayLove we have two suggestions for the best ways to shave with clay.
- Apply an even layer of clay to a wet area, let it sit for 3-4 min (this could be while you’re in the shower or as you brush your teeth) and then shave!
- Apply an even layer of clay, let it dry (again, what a great opportunity to take care of those teeth), rinse the clay off, and then shave. This second option is best for precise hair lining.
Want to see examples of both? Check out this video.
Can you share experiences of people who’ve tried shaving with clay?
Here at ClayLove, we’ve had the opportunity to get lots of feedback from satisfied customers.
Feedback from men who have shaved with clay has been overwhelmingly positive, including comments such as, it leaves my skin “exceptionally smooth”, “clean” and provides a “close shave”.
Feedback from women has also been exceptionally positive, with comments like, “the shave is smooth” and “my skin feels really soft”.
Is shaving with clay a new idea? Here is some information on the history of clay.
Does clay have any other uses?
Absolutely! Here at ClayLove, we’re proud to have clay that can be used for six primary purposes. In addition to providing a comfortable shave, clay can be used to wash your hair and body, to create healing face masks, to assist with acne, and to support delicate underarms.
With consistent use, bentonite clay can remove embedded old products like deodorant, toxic ingredients from soaps and deodorant, and dirt (which all contribute to making bad odors). Over time and with consistent use, applying bentonite clay to the underarms while showering will reduce the odor and need for deodorant. Clay will not reduce perspiration, which is a normal and natural body process, helping the body to excrete unneeded material.
OK, that sounds wonderful. Now how can I purchase shaving clay?
ClayLove is proud to provide the highest quality shaving clay for its satisfied customers at our ClayLove store.
I still have some questions…
Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions! We love hearing from people curious about making the transition to shaving with clay: firstname.lastname@example.org